Wednesday, October 3, 2012

College Football picks Week 6. What is Happening?!?!




   West Virginia 70 Baylor 63....


 
I think that game will stick with me for a long time. I really thought it would be a high scoring game. But, 70 to 63. Welcome to the Big 12 West Virginia. Also, you can hand Geno Smith the Heisman right now. I don't care if he doesn't win another game. He is the best offensive player in the country. Hands down. Don't give me the line "But, he played Baylor" Because he has done that to a lot of teams. Remember the Orange Bowl against Clemson last year? The guy is an arcade...wait that dates me...he is a PS3/Xbox QB that spits out mind numbing stats. I just wonder if his game will translate to the NFL? I can't see any reason right now why it will not.




I was very critical of LSU's so called 38-22 victory over FCS Towson on Saturday night. As of right now LSU has issues. I guess you can say that they just did not get up for a game that they could sleep walk and win. Well that is exactly what they did. They have serious offensive line issues and a QB who takes too long to get rid of the ball. Their receivers are dropping far too many passes and the defense gave up two long drives to end the game. That is not what you want to hear if you are an LSU fan and the meat of the schedule (@Florida, South Carolina, @Texas A&M, Alabama, and Mississippi State) is coming up.  Can the Tigers correct this? I think they can. But, I also thought they would defeat Alabama for a second time last season in the BCS title game.




I want to say that the Texas Longhorns are the team to beat in the Big 12. I said it on Saturday and then I saw their defense play against Oklahoma St. That....that is the defense I have been hearing about all Summer? Wow. Hopefully for Longhorns fans sake it was just a bad week. They will find out this week when they host West Virginia and then next week when the travel to Dallas for the Red River Rivalry (Shootout) against Oklahoma. I actually like the Longhorns chances against both teams. David Ash is developing into a very solid QB and leader. The running game is fierce although the absence of Malcolm Brown (ankle) could hurt their depth a little. I still feel that the team that can and will come out on top in the Big 12 is Kansas St. Texas has to travel to Manhattan this year and the Longhorns do not fare well lately up there.






Alabama is still very much deservedly the #1 team in the country. It is true that their schedule now looks weaker considering Arkansas and Michigan are out of the Top 25. But, according to the eyeball test they pass on every level. At this point I do not see anybody beating them. That is unless injuries start to take their toll.



Many like to beat the drum that Notre dame is back among the super powers in college football. I like what they are doing but, tap the breaks on them. They still have to travel to Norman Oklahoma and face the Sooners and also travel to L.A. and face the Trojans. If the Irish get out of those two places with victories we may have to start talking about a Notre Dame BCS Championship Game.



Be Careful folks. Texas A&M is for real. Their all everything QB Johnny Manziel is an incredible football player who will lead this team for the next 3 or 4 years. The rest of A&M isn't half bad either. That talk about them not winning an SEC game in 2012...Be careful they just may finish 3rd or gulp...even 2nd in the SEC West. To stop this team, teams are going to have to stop Manziel. And from what I have seen that is not easy to do.


There will be two Top 10 match-ups this weekend (LSU-Florida and Georgia-South Carolina) and three Top 25 match-ups (Texas-West Virginia, Oregon-Washington, and Ohio St-Nebraska) I do not think these match-ups will give us any clear cut BCS title favorites but, if Washington plays Oregon close or upsets them it could completely eliminate the Pac-12 from the discussion.


Week 6 Picks:


Last Week I went 11-4. My worst week so far. I also missed the upset pick of Boston College over Clemson.

I am 49-10 so far.

Here we go...

USC 37 Utah 21

Oregon 40 Washington 27

Florida St. 28 North Carolina St. 10

Florida 23 LSU 21 (I think if LSU corrects the mistakes of the past two weeks, they win. But, they have to show me)

South Carolina 24 Georgia 20

Texas 45 West Virginia 42 (Not as high scoring but, the football will cross the goal line many times in Austin)

Notre Dame 28 Miami (Fla) 21

Nebraska 27 Ohio St. 20

Oregon St. 35 Washington St. 22

Clemson 33 Georgia Tech 21

Oklahoma 28 Texas Tech 13

Texas A&M 35 Ole Miss 13

Auburn 35 Arkansas 17

Kansas St. 37 Kansas 14


UPSET OF THE WEEK:

Iowa St. 23 TCU 20

Happy Week 6!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment